Saturday, January 10, 2009

Simple Addition

Today while baking cupcakes for a party Carlee would be attending this afternoon, we were measuring the ingredients. "We need two cups of flour," I told Carlee. I let her scoop one cup of flour out and pour it into our bowl. "Remember, we need two cups of flour, how many more do we need?" I decided to ask this question out of the blue. I was simply going to introduce the topic to her, and I honestly completely expected her to answer "two," since I had just reiterated that we would need two cups of flour.

To my surprise, she answered, "One more." Wow. It's amazing how much kids know/learn/pick up on their own. I might just try adding more simple addition and subtraction problems into our activities to see just how much she understands.

No comments: